Health Futures Foundations, Inc. Company Background
The Philippines have witnessed improved health outcomes in the past years. However, urban-rural disparities are still evident and without addressing inequities in accessibility, availability, and affordability of health services, the archipelago of more than 7,000 islands has an uncertain future.
In 1998, the visionary doctor, Dr. Jaime Z. Galvez Tan founded Health Futures Foundation, Inc. (HFI) to advocate and act in the best interest of the poorest to achieve total health and development. Since its inception, HFI have been working towards achieving access, quality, and equity in health and development and acting in the best interest of marginalized and disenfranchised Filipinos.
With its extensive experience in health policy and governance, qualitative health research, community mobilization, indigenous health systems assessment, and disaster health management, HFI has been a partner of many national and international agencies and academic institutions in the various facets of Universal and Primary Health Care.
HFI was incorporated and registered with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 1998. It is also accredited as a donee institution by the Philippine Council for NGO Certification (PCNC) and as an Auxiliary Social Welfare and Development Agency by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
Our Core Values
At HFI, we stand for the following values in our work and in our relationship with partners and communities.
- Service to the Marginalized
As part of our social responsibility and service to the nation towards the achievement of universal and equal access to health and development, we are guided by the following goals:
- To develop, implement, monitor and evaluate health development programs and services
- To mobilize and manage health resources for and in behalf of communities
- To design, manage, and evaluate all components of health systems development
- To render technical assistance to stakeholders on health and social development
- To advocate for health promotion and wellness, curricular reforms in health sciences, peoples participation in health care, and the mainstreaming of the Filipino traditional medicine
Health Futures Foundations, Inc. Executive Team
Board of Trustees
- Jaime Z. Galvez Tan, MD, MPH
- Cora Añonuevo, PhD, MPH, RN
- Andrew T. Gotianun, Jr.
- Vice President
- Angelito V. Maraña, Llb.
- Corporate Secretary
- Tomas P. Africa
- Gloria E. Ramos, Llb
- Yolly Villanueva Ong